It's officially spring, and with or without the weather's cooperation we're heating things up by adding a little spice to our sweets. Although typically associated with savory dishes, cayenne, chipotle, and other chiles compliment many desserts. They deepen chocolate's earthy flavors, cut through the richness of butter, and heighten fruit's natural acidity. Here are 14 spicy sweets that will tingle your tongue and make dessert interesting again. See them all in a slideshow or go straight to the recipes below!
Get the Recipes!
- Hot and Spicy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate-Chile Icebox Cake
- Spicy Peanut Caramel Corn
- Fudgy Spicy Cinnamon Brownie
- Spicy Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Spicy S'mores
- Chocolate Chili Cookies
- Ancho Chile Cinnamon Brownies
- Paloma Sorbet
- Gluten-Free Spicy Chocolate Cookies
- Spicy Pumpkin Chocolate Milkshake
- Spicy Pineapple and Tequila Sorbet
- Spicy Tamarind Caramel
- Chocolate Icebox Cookies with Chipotle
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.