It's a buttery, sugar-filled time of year: like everyone else on earth, we love holiday cookies in all their festive, prettily-decorated glory. And sometimes, we just don't want to make them ourselves. So we visited 7 of our favorite bakeries in New York and rounded up our very favorite holiday offerings: from moist, spice-scented German gingerbread to elegant French macarons to homely-but-tasty Italian biscotti and more, it's a good year for cookies in the city.
Click through the slideshow above to see holiday cookies from Leckerlee, Payard Patisserie, Rocco's and more, or jump straight to one below.
- Original and Chocolate Lebkuchen from Leckerlee at the Columbus Circle Holiday Market
- Cherry Biscotti from Rocco's in the West Village
- Holiday Macarons from Payard Patisserie
- Savory Ginger Shortbread from Sullivan Street Bakery
- Speculoos from Almondine
- I Heart NY Gingerbead Men from Balthazar Bakery
- Snowflake Cookies from Bouchon Bakery