Bosc, Anjou, Comice, Seckel, Bartlett—that's naming just a few of the many varieties of pears that grace farmers markets in the fall. While each variety adds its own unique taste, overall we love pears for their delicately floral flavor, firm flesh that stands up to baking, and affinity to spices, vanilla, and booze.
Click through the slideshow to see 12 of our favorite recipes, or jump straight to the dish below.
- Pear Cranberry Crisp
- Autumn Jam with Pears, Mission Figs, and Cinnamon
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Spiced Pears
- Pear and Concord Grape Pie
- Poached Pears
- Brandied Vanilla Pear Jam
- Cider-Poached Pears with Yogurt and Toasted Almonds
- Pear and Frangipane Pie
- Apple and Pear Tarte Tatin
- Spiced Vanilla Pear Jam
- Chocolate Pear Jam
- Almond-Pear Cake
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.