Portland's food scene seems to get better every month, and that includes an ever expanding offering of sweets. So while it's impossible to mention all the great ice cream, pastries, cookies, and plated desserts that we love in the Rose City, here are some that we've recently enjoyed.
Some themes? Oregon's climate is perfect for many fruits, including berries and apples, and they're used in abundance. And you can just as easily get great incarnations of classic American treats like chocolate chip cookies and doughnuts as you can perfect French pastries and upscale vegan sweets.
Click through the slideshow above to see all the treats or go straight to a sweet below. Is your favorite Portland sweet not on this list? Tell us about it in the comments section below!
- Strawberry Tart from Ken's Artisan Bakery
- Kouign Amann from Roman Candle Baking Company
- The Rose City from The Waffle Window
- Animal Truffles from Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe
- Warm Hazelnut Brown Butter Torte with Honey Chamomile Ice Cream and Honeycomb Candy from Ox
- Raspberry Brownie from Pearl Bakery
- Canelé from St. Jack
- Coconut Dulce de Leche Cake from Petunia's Pies and Pastries
- Hard Apple Cider Fritter from Blue Star Donuts
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie with Sea Salt from Bluebird Bakers
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.