Warm weather is practically a year-round reality in San Diego, providing an almost daily excuse to indulge in something sweet, frosty, and frozen. Here are some of the city's best bets, from a creamy tower of Dole Whip served on top of a scoop of tropical ice cream, to paletas wrapped in chocolate and coated in coconut.
Click through the slideshow above to see all the treats or go straight to a sweet below.
- Hawaiian Shave Ice from Ice Blast »
- Dole Whip from Lappert's Ice Cream »
- Creamy Chocolate Coated Paletas from Neveria Tocumbo »
- Milkshakes from Hodad's »
- Ice Milk Drinks from Infinitea »
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich from The Baked Bear »
Want more of the sweet stuff? Follow us on Twitter @SeriousSweets
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.