Ethan and I actually first met, and became friends, over ice cream. I was just a spice-hawking contributor in those days, but Ethan was running his own ice cream company from a push cart on the streets of Chinatown in NYC.
Our obsession for frozen desserts of all kinds has only grown since those early days. So with summer here in full force, we wanted to take a retrospective look at our favorite recipes thus far. Check out the ice cream glamor shots above, or go straight to the recipes here.
- Smoked Chocolate and Tequila Ice Cream
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Shaved Dark Chocolate and Candied Pecans
- Black Sesame and Orange Ice Cream
- Really Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Mr. Softee-Style Vanilla Bean Soft Serve
- Mint Julep Ice Cream
- Better Than Snickers Ice Cream
- Basic but Fantastic Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Apple, Rhubarb, and Cardmom Ice Cream
- Lemon, Honey and Thyme Frozen Yogurt