Some people may be turkey people, some people may be stuffing people, and others really just show up to Thanksgiving for the pie.
It's hard to beat a homemade apple pie, and here are a few good-looking recipes (along with some pear options thrown in for good measure.) End up with leftovers? You can always have another slice of pie for breakfast.
- Ginger-Pear Crumb Pie [Real Simple]
- Rustic Pear Tarts with Crème Fraîche [Sunset]
- Alton Brown's No Pan Pear Pie [Food Network]
- John Besh's Poached Pear and Brown Butter Tart [Food&Wine]
- Poached Pear Tartlets with Brandy Sabayon [Bon Appetit]
- Apple Tart with Hazelnut-Brown Sugar Topping [Leite's Culinaria]
- Gluten-Free Apple Galette [SE]
- Double Apple Pie With Cornmeal Crust [Southern Living]
- Caramelized Apple-Pecan Pie with Calvados [Food&Wine]
- Maple-Pecan Apple Crumb Pie [Elle Decor]
- Candy Apple Pie [Kitchn]
- Sour Cream Apple Pie [Gourmet]
- French Apple Pie with Apple Brandy [OregonLive]
- Dutch Apple Pie [Brown Eyed Baker]
- Apple Pie with Cheddar Crust [Gourmet]
- Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie [Food Network]
- Apple and Dried-Fruit Spice Pie [Sunset]
- Apple Cranberry Pie with Honey-Bourbon Caramel [Sassy Radish]
- Apple-Quince Pie [Wednesday Chef]
- Pippin Apple Pie with Hazelnut Crust [Bon Appetit]
This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Serious Eats. Read more about our affiliate linking policy.