Slideshow14 Sweet and Spicy Desserts We Love
It's officially spring, and with or without the weather's cooperation we're heating things up by adding a little spice to our sweets. Although typically associated with savory dishes, cayenne, chipotle, and other chiles compliment many desserts. They deepen chocolate's earthy flavors, cut through the richness of butter, and heighten fruit's natural acidity. Here are 14 spicy sweets that will tingle your tongue and make dessert interesting again. See them all in a slideshow or go straight to the recipes below!
Get the Recipes!
- Hot and Spicy Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate-Chile Icebox Cake
- Spicy Peanut Caramel Corn
- Fudgy Spicy Cinnamon Brownie
- Spicy Pumpkin Seed Brittle
- Spicy S'mores
- Chocolate Chili Cookies
- Ancho Chile Cinnamon Brownies
- Paloma Sorbet
- Gluten-Free Spicy Chocolate Cookies
- Spicy Pumpkin Chocolate Milkshake
- Spicy Pineapple and Tequila Sorbet
- Spicy Tamarind Caramel
- Chocolate Icebox Cookies with Chipotle
About the author: Marissa Sertich Velie is an editorial intern at Serious Eats and a New York based pastry chef. She documents her adventures of baking and eating her way through the nutty underbelly of the American pie on her blog. She is currently earning her Master's degree in Food Studies at NYU.