We're entering the final stretch of what has seemed like the winter that just won't end. If you're like us, you're probably starting to get a little stir-crazy and are jonesing for some form, really any form, of escape.
In the event that hopping on a private jet to an island paradise is not an option, we've rounded up 17 nearly as transportive desserts that make use of creamy coconut, tangy pineapple, and other tropical fruits and flavors. They're a little bit of sunshine you can taste, even when you've forgotten what the touch of warm summer rays feels like. See them all in the slideshow or go straight to the recipes below!
Get the Recipes!
- Brûléed Pineapple Tart
- Rum Glazed Banana Bundt Cake
- Guava Bars
- Key Lime Pie
- Kumquat Lemongrass Ice Cream
- Date Rum Cake with Walnuts and Coconut
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins
- Banana Cream Pie
- Coconut Mango Upside Down Cake
- Spicy Pineapple and Tequila Sorbet
- Grilled Pineapple with Coconut-Condensed Milk-Butter Sauce
- Coconut Key Lime Muffins
- Coconut Pineapple Gem Cookies
- Islas Flotantes de Coco (Coconut Floating Islands)
- Toasted Coconut and Lime Ice Cream
- Pastel de Piña (Pineapple Tart)
- Kumquat Tart