Warm weather is practically a year-round reality in San Diego, providing an almost daily excuse to indulge in something sweet, frosty, and frozen. Here are some of the city's best bets, from a creamy tower of Dole Whip served on top of a scoop of tropical ice cream, to paletas wrapped in chocolate and coated in coconut.
Click through the slideshow above to see all the treats or go straight to a sweet below.
- Hawaiian Shave Ice from Ice Blast »
- Dole Whip from Lappert's Ice Cream »
- Creamy Chocolate Coated Paletas from Neveria Tocumbo »
- Milkshakes from Hodad's »
- Ice Milk Drinks from Infinitea »
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich from The Baked Bear »
About the author: Erin Jackson is a food writer and photographer who is obsessed with discovering the best eats in San Diego. You can find all of her discoveries on her San Diego food blog EJeats.com. On Twitter, she's @ErinJax
Want more of the sweet stuff? Follow us on Twitter @SeriousSweets