Banana roti in Bangkok. Sri Lankan sweets in Staten Island. Vegan cookies in San Francisco. These are just some of the items that made January feel like a nice break from the ordinary. Check out the slideshow to see the best sweet things we ate this month, because obviously "cut down sugar" was not one of our New Year's resolutions.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- How to Make the Most of Late-Summer Fruit With Pie