It's hot. You don't want to turn on your oven, but you do want dessert. This is my nightly summertime quandary. Fortunately in my search for retro classics and regional gems, I've come across a number of low-effort, high-reward, no-bake desserts perfect for when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. These are my favorites.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes