It's hot. You don't want to turn on your oven, but you do want dessert. This is my nightly summertime quandary. Fortunately in my search for retro classics and regional gems, I've come across a number of low-effort, high-reward, no-bake desserts perfect for when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. These are my favorites.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For