Here at Serious Eats, we're always curious about candy from other places. We've tried chewy and chocolaty sweets from Japan, and a wide range of goodies from Norway and Italy. Since our office is situated in Chinatown, we've been prowling the local supermarkets to pick up sugary snacks from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and even Macau.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World
- Garlic-Parsley Butter (Beurre Maître d'Hôtel)
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits